Thursday, October 1, 2009

FoooooooooooD

I know I write a lot about food, but seriously, who DOESN’T like food? Everyone likes food.
Today a couple of girlfriends and I are going to Japanese village for lunch. For 2 of them it will be their first time, I’m not going to lie, I revel in ripping restaurant virginity from my friends. If there’s one thing I know, it’s food, I steal all my Mamas suggestions, she’s the BEST at finding these little places. Japanese Village isn’t exactly top secret, but it’s not somewhere that a ton of people would really think to go.
So we’re headed there for lunch. I’ll get the filet mignon because it’s only $13 at lunch time! It’s so worth it if you’re like me and you can only go once a month. Ahhhhh.
But I digress, what I was originally going to say is that lunch time is coming EVER so slowly today! Why? Just because I’m waiting impatiently??? That just doesn’t make sense. Why does time go so slowly when something fabulous is coming!? And then when you’re doing the fabulous thing, like eating… time FLIES by.
I also must say on a completely off note, that 2 of my best friends in the world are vegetarians, so I’ve begun to think like one, in the planning of meals aspect, because our favorite thing to do it eat and laugh. We end up doing this very often, so in order to accommodate me they use tofu and fake meat, so in order to accommodate them I must find recipes that don’t have any meat. I admit, at first I was skeptical that anything could taste good without meat. OH HOW WRONG I WAS! We had a finger painting party on Tuesday and Kyla made Vegan Chili! It was DIVINE! Anne came by and we made fresh veggie soup with veg from her Moms garden and I mouthgasmd! It was amazing. So you see? I can be wrong… I think that’s the point of this whole post, is admitting that I was wrong. Once.

No comments:

Post a Comment