Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

So this year I’ve been left to fend for myself Turkey-wise, Mum went to Osoyoos to see the Salmon who are missing and Dad took off to Toronto to spend time with family… what am I? chopped liver?
Anyway, I’m being a touch dramatic, Brother, cousin and the G-units are still here. I get a full blown turkey dinner tomorrow, but I can’t be left out of what I’ve discovered to be the “orphans thanksgiving”. Cousin told me about it last year, it’s where young adults get together and celebrate thanksgiving together because their parents don’t live in the same city, however, in true Generation WHY style we are too LAZY to cook anything and clean it up. Answer? Swiss chalet.
Genius. Pure brilliance. And so, this year because I truly feel left out in the cold by my parents I’ve called up a friend who I know to love swiss chalet and we have plans on Sunday to hang out in our pajamas and watch movies, eat swiss chalet and most likely drink and eat pie. In a completely selfish sense I’m almost more excited about Sunday than I am about the turkey dinner! No cleaning, no forced awkward conversations with my G-units senile friends that don’t remember my name… instead I get alcohol, movies and pajamas.
Don’t get me wrong! I love my family more than anything else, but I also love my friends and my down time and my chicken. That’s right, dirty little secret, I’d take chicken over turkey anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment