Monday, July 6, 2009

Vita Mix, how I love thee

Happy Monday readers!

I'm gonna write about the Stampede... I think I'm one of the few people in this city who can openly discuss their Stampede experience under the age of 60. Everyone else is being scandalous. Aren't you?
Ok, so I've lived here my whole life. Born and raised Calgarian, I've never missed a stampede... however, I feel it's becoming more of an obligatory tradition than a fun one. I haven't missed one, so I can't EVER miss one, but this year it just didn't feel the same. The excitement wasn't there, the heart pounding, toe tingling sensation I get when I see all those carts lined up ready to give me food, all those real live infomercials in the round up centre... specifically the Vita Mix.
The Vita Mix is a blender, it makes hot soup because the friction from the blade heats the ingredients to 180 degrees after 15 minutes, it's entirely waterproof, it cleans itself, you can even make instant ice cream! it's the only instant ice cream maker on the market. I go there every year to watch the demonstrations. It's the best part of the stampede (in my opinion).
I love the food, I love the rides, I love the games, I love the rodeo! But when you're paying $5 for a bottle of water, $14 entrance, $6 for one ride, $5 for any given game just to win a stuffed toy that will end up at the thrift store in less than a month.... the free samples from the Vita mix are looking better and better.
To own a Vita mix it will cost you $500. SO, I have until my birthday to make 50 friends who will give m $10 each so that I can keep it in an envelope. Next year, I'm going to march right through those stampede gates (after giving them the raised price of $15) and hand over my saved envelope to the vita mix team. I want a red one.
All in all, I'll take the fun party atmosphere and the good natured people every year, without the cost.
Also, next year around this time I'll be having a vita mix party, with your help. Please donate to my Asha wants a vita mix so bad it hurts fund.
Thanks peoples.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very opposite from you, Stampede style. I used to miss it every year. Couldn't stand the crowds and $$$. This year, embraced the experience head on and it was by far my best. I wanted to write about it yesterday, but I couldn't handle transforming thoughts into words, so I settled for an inner monologue. It was very inspiring and profound. I think. Can't really remember. Owww... my BRAIN!! I wish it would buck the fuck up!!! Yeesh! Okay, sorry, where were we? Your Vita Mix! Yeah, I'll donate. That soup was nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stampede, and stampeding. I feel it takes a large commitment on your part to enjoy it. Like finishing a Slurpee, or watching sitcoms from the 60's. Sure they have always been around, but you take part because thats what society tells you to do. And I for one welcome the direction.

    ReplyDelete