Monday, August 10, 2009

Case of the Mondays

I have a case of the Mondays. Maybe I should look into working construction or embezzling millions of dollars from Bill Gates.
Do you think that if I wrote Bill a letter explaining that I would like a little bit of money because I need it he would respond with a personalised cheque? Maybe it's woth a shot...
Sometimes I feel like Mondays are an extended hangover of the weekend, even if I didn't drink at all, I just feel bummed and blue, maybe gray, not blue.
I have things to look forward to though! so let us all focus on those.
Tonight I'm meeting all the people that I will be houseboating with on the 21st. Tomorrow I have a date with my friend Kat! we will most likely go to east side Marios because it's got delicious calamari. Wednesday is beer and tacos Wed! so I took Hungover Thursday off of work. Thursday night is the Kings of Leon concert!!!! floor seats. Palabra. Then it's Friday, and although I have no solid plans I'm sure something (or someone) will come up. Haha.
So it's really not so bad. Some advice people gave me over the years;
"Nothing good ever happens when you're down" - Gstar
"If you're bored it's because you're a boring person" - Ken can'trememberhislastname
"If you look for the bad in people, you'll surely find it" - Pollyanna (via Hayley Mills)
"Happiness is only one purple Popsicle away" - Me

I'm going to buy me a purple Popsicle on the way home today, I'll probably eat candy for dinner just 'cause I can, and laugh at a friends rerun. Stoked on getting pumped.

1 comment:

  1. I am horribly disappointed I haven't given you quote worthy advice. Also, mmm... purple popsicles! Also, also - if you ask Bill Gates for money, could you maybe put a P.S. at the end of your letter that mentions Anne Baxter?
    Okay - time for a question.

    Dear Ask Asha Blargh,
    Last night I had a dream that I was bitten by a werewolf and I was concerned that my vampire lover would no longer want me. Also, I was in a really bad mood at one point and was going to eat a large brownie with icing on it and my mom gave me a look and I got mad and threw the brownie away. What do you think this means? Also, have any weird dreams lately you'd care to share?

    ReplyDelete